- Too much traffic to handle calls and emails?
- Healthcare cannot keep the patients waiting on the line for responses, as it can be a case of emergency.
- With busy patients looking for ways to communicate and connect with doctors.
- The tiny blink on the bottom right corner of the webpage isis the techiest saviour now- CHATBOTS! This patient engaging automated-tech captures the audience and helps them promptly with their queries.
- Stats reveal using bots saves an average of 4 minutes per enquiry equalling to savings of $0.50- $0.70 per interaction.
- Healthcare Chatbot portrays the role of the physician and its interaction with patients optimizes healthcare delivery, providing affordable & appropriate care.
- Chatbots are not designed to diagnose a person but guide and assist them if they are seriously ill.
- With the healthcare costs increasing around the world, chatbots not only cuts down many of the cost but also improves the overall customer experience
Let’s take a look at a few important applications of Healthcare Chatbots.
1. Customer Service:
- Scheduling an appointment and issuing reminders are now done in a blink of an eye with the help of chatbots.
- Also, few chatbots are equipped with free symptom checker that can inform the website visitor with the most likely causes of their problem.
- After which it offers an appointment with the concerned specialist.
- This gains the patient’s trust in the hospital without even visiting it yet.
2. Patient Engagement:
- Care is all a patient needs to recover quickly.
- A simple text by the chatbot on reminding them to eat the tablets or refill the prescription medicines can improve the bond between the patient and the provider.
- When a patient is about to undergo surgery, the chatbot even aids them in providing crucial information about the upcoming procedures.
- It does not stop here.
- Chatbots like ‘The Cancer Chatbot’ connect with friends and family, advising them on how to help their loved ones battling cancer.
3. Better Healthcare Experience:
- Retrieving the patient’s record in times of emergencies is vital for the prompt and right diagnosis.
- Several medical institutions have innovated chatbots for internal recordkeeping, which delivers important patient information such as prescribed medication, allergies, check-up reports etc.
- This reduces the time with no risks of human error.
- The vital information conveyed to the specialists helps them in making an informed decision and thus improving the healthcare experience of the patients.
4. Point-of-care for Clinicians:
- Chatbots have replaced the time-taking task of going through large databases for looking up information on drugs and its composition.
- For instance, SafeDrugBot provides information on active ingredients within medications and recommended alternatives to drugs.
- Few chatbots advise patients on ways to self-treat, based on the correlation of symptoms and conditions given by them.
- Results in relieving the overworked and over-scheduled physicians.
5. Inpatient Reports:
- Chatbots keep a check on the hospital’s inpatients by providing reports to the doctors on time.
- It also keeps the doctors updated with the patients’ current condition including lab reports and other health indicators.
- Keeps a close tab on the patient and lets the doctors follow up with apt diagnostic processes.
6. Research/Promotion on New Meds & Devices:
- The AI-powered Chatbots are capable of diving in the ocean of data and extract the information faster than ever.
- It is capable of providing concrete recommendations for doctors and their patients by researching through the recent release of data.
- Further, the bots are used for promotion of new meds and devices to the clients, providers and patients.
- The conversation data on new meds & devices helps the firms in understanding customer behaviour towards the new launch.