- Introduction of mobile apps has redefined the way of shopping for everyone.
- From dressing up and going to packed malls to sitting in comfy pyjamas and buying your desired product, mobile apps are the talk of the town!
- This life-altering innovation has leveraged many businesses to compete in the global platform.
- Though e-commerce sites can be accessed through browsers, apps were hassle-free, reducing the loading time and allowing easier navigation.
- This is proved by research which says page speed is directly proportional to site loyalty for around 52% of customers.
- Also, another study shows that 89% of customers prefer retail apps over desktop websites.
- Retail apps boost the number of repeat purchases and increase the loyal customer base, which are the key prospects of any business.
- By 2021, sales by mobile apps will account for 54% of total ecommerce sales.
- Besides, it is far easier to capture the customers’ attention and influence the purchase decision with mobile apps, boosting overall sales.
- Simpler checkouts and payment options have made the entire experience an enjoyable one leading to repeat purchase and more sales!!
Let’s take a look at what makes mobile apps so vital for ecommerce!
1. In-App & Push Notifications:
- When a user enters in the mobile app, he/she receives instant in-app notifications concerning a flash sale or new product arrivals or price changes.
- Though in-app messages are meant only for customers who have already been engaged with the app, it can stimulate a buyer to explore more and increase sales.
- Push notifications are a great tool of marketing, wherein it alerts customers on what they are missing out and make them enter the app.
- These notifications are able to involve and convince the customers in a lighter way with offers, fresh arrivals and stock availability.
2. Faster Response Rate:
- As mentioned before, the faster the response time of apps, the higher the satisfaction of customers.
- This is achievable only through mobile apps because of its design and easy navigation between pages.
- Apps can store the shopping preferences set by the customer for them to easily access each time they use the app.
- Each product is now given a review section, where customers can express their views easily by commenting over it.
- The customer team keeps monitoring this and responds with immediate solutions.
- This reduced response rate sets a higher mark of brand trust for the customers.
3. Better Conversion Rate:
- Apps are designed in a user-engaging way with enhanced UX and easy navigation.
- When the images of the products are available in better quality, it eases out the customers’ doubts on product quality, making them buy the product.
- It sends in notifications regarding customers abandoned carts, sometimes by discount prices to convert the stock to sale.
- If a customer has wish listed a product, the app notifies them with a price drop or availability to finish the purchase.
- These have proven to increase the conversion rate and hence higher sales value.
4. Integrating Smartphone Features:
- Smartphones, as they are named, helps out with their inbuilt features.
- The Microphone can initiate voice searches which account to
- GPS comes in handy to pinpoint the customer’s location and guiding in easier deliveries.
5. Simpler Checkout & Cross Selling:
- Mobile apps can process singe touch checkouts.
- With an array of payment systems like Wallets, Net Banking, Credit/Debit Cards, customers can save the details securely.
- Every time they make a purchase, the payment is done through the saved and preferred method in no time.
- At the time of checkout, apps can pop-up messages with custom product recommendation that can be an add-on for the product in their cart.
- This stimulates impulse purchase and accentuates the order value.
6. Visibility & Reaching Out:
- Mobile apps are the potential marketing channel keeping the customers on toes for new campaigns.
- Their 24/7 availability to customers enables businesses to engage with the customers at any time.
- With product sharing features, customers can send/upload in social media for reviews/feedbacks.
- This not only results in higher visibility to potential customers but builds us brand value.
- Another way of reaching out is loyalty and reward programs.
- Which transforms a customer to a loyal customer and make them feel special!
- Mobile apps have helped out many small business owners to take their business to the digital forum.
- Helps in easy collection of feedback and surveys, leaving ample room for improvement.
- Heighten your brand reputation with constant engagement and enhancement of customer experience.
Mobile apps are the future of businesses! Achieve a streamlined process, grow your customer base and strengthen your business.
DunRite creates custom apps for your business employing latest technology at best market rates. We assist you with our excellent customer team catering to every business need of yours! Our top priority is Commitment to Quality and Client Satisfaction!
Reach out to us now for tailor-made mobile applications!