With the advent of technology, smartphones have gained significant popularity across the globe. Owing to the appearance, functionality, and usage of smartphones, businesses have been developing more and more mobile applications to keep up with the competition and attract more like-minded users. Mobile apps have also proven to be very useful with regard to customer engagement. Thanks to mobile apps, users can carry out important tasks, ranging from ordering groceries to financial investments, on the go!
So how exactly have mobile apps transformed and streamlined business operations?
- Increased efficiency: Invention of intuitive mobile apps has drastically reduced customer response times. The entire process of attracting notice has significantly reduced due to the quickness of these interactive and easy-to-use interfaces. Mobile apps have automated what was otherwise time-consuming and laborious processes. For instance, using mobile apps, individuals can make money transfers even across countries without even having to visit the bank.
- Uncompromised security: Mobile apps have enabled users to surpass the need for providing their sensitive financial details, including bank and card information, time and again. This has been done by providing them with an easy in-app payment option by integrating digital wallets on their mobile platforms. These wallets that are incorporated in apps, help in keeping a user’s financial information safe and secure. With the rise of fraud cases in traditional transacting ways, more and more people are choosing digital means of transactions.
- Streamlined internal operations: In addition to enhancing user experiences, mobile apps have helped businesses organize and automate their internal operations. Customer support teams can provide seamless support and connect with customers from anywhere using an app. For instance, a field service agent can mark his / her attendance, check for availability of stock and record customer payment details using an app, eliminating the need to manually travel back to the office space or meeting with managers. Moreover, communication across internal teams can be carried on efficiently using mobile apps. For example, a large MNC can send out an important memo to all its employees on an app within a matter of seconds. Sales agents who are on the field can assess these memos without having to carry a laptop with them.
- Customizes messages and rewards: The key to delivering high-quality customer experience is personalization. When customers feel like their issues are heard and their needs are catered to, they tend to stay loyal to the brand. Businesses can send out personalized messages and coupons using a mobile app. Users generally fondly remember this positive accord and continue to do business with the company.
- Receive and provide feedback: Businesses can leverage mobile apps to collect timely feedback from customers. This feedback helps them improve customer satisfaction, tweak sales and marketing campaigns as per the feedback received.
In-app based technologies are witnessing massive investment interests as people are realizing that smartphone users are preferring mobile apps increasingly. So it’s important for businesses to design and develop mobile apps that are well suited to their target audiences and Unique Selling Points (USP).